Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Arbitrary Story Writing

I'm so hungry right now.  I was going to stay in the library until 5 to listen to Adam Young dj at turntable.fm, but he was playing screamo and it gave me a headache.  Plus, if I ever want to hear from him I can just read his blog.  So there.



I honestly have no idea what to write about today.  Except that when I first came in there was a cute guy at the computer help desk and I almost caught myself debating whether I should make up a problem so I could ask him about it...but it's some girl now.  I snoozed, therefore I must lose.

I think I had a reasonably good hair day today.

I just remembered I'm in the middle of watching Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version) back at my apartment!  I'm at the part right after Mr. Bingley proposes to Jane and before Mr. Darcy's evil witch of an aunt comes over in the middle of the night to harrass Elizabeth.  And then Darcy proposes to her, and then, the end!  Today's been one of those days where I might just restart the movie once it's over.

My birthday is in 14 days.  That's right, I was born on the wonderful day of love!  And I'll be making as big a deal of it as I can (like I always do) to keep away the bad feelings of Singles Awareness Day.  Maybe I like being single!  No icky boys to deal with.

I taught for 15 minutes in Young Adult Fiction today.  I didn't know until after I started going to the class that it was mostly about teaching and that we each have to teach the class twice.  But I think it went well.  I got to teach the last five chapters of Are You There, God?  It's Me, Margaret.  It's a pretty good book if you haven't read it yet.

And now I'm going home for some excedrin, peanut butter m&ms, and chick flick therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.