Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The joy of chocolate oranges (and other wonderful things)

One of the things I got for Christmas was a Pride and Prejudice (Kiera Knightley) dvd.  Since then, I've watched it twice and I can't wait to watch it again.  I'm sure it's driving my family crazy, but it IS my favorite movie of all time (with Pirates of the Caribbean coming in at a close second place).  There's something about that movie that makes me happy and sad at the same time.  Any other (female) hopeless romantic will agree with me that chick flicks, while relentlessly made fun of by a large percentage of the movie-loving population, invariably give us hope for better days.



Yesterday I went with my friend Brittany to two different beading stores (beading is an inescapable vice for both of us), and I think I died for a while.  There were beads EVERYWHERE.  For those who don't share our love of homemade jewelry, picture an ADHD five-year-old alone in a candy store and you know how ecstatic we were for a few hours.

One of my brothers got a remote control helicopter this year which our dog DOES NOT like, as we found to our eternal glee.  It's terrible, but playing pranks on Anne is one of the most entertaining things we can do to spend our extra vacation time.  Good thing she loves us anyway.

The only not-wonderful things about these next two weeks is that I have homework over the break (judging entries for the Kolob Canyon Review because I got an internship there!!!) and that I need to find my textbooks before I go back.  But neither of those should take long.

Merry two-days-after-Christmas, everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.