Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sorry I'm late! (A.K.A. My Christmas Wish)

...But I do have an excuse.

In the last three days, I've been to the dentist, the optometrist, and the doctor (twice).  I've had strange things poked into my mouth and eyes.  I've had a total of five needles stuck in me, and the nurse who took my blood yesterday may just be a future slasher because her ferocious technique left the nastiest bright red bruise I've ever had.  More needles may be coming soon, because my immunization records are currently in hiding and they seem to have forgotten to inform me of where they ran off to.

Needless to say, I've been a bit out of comission this week.

It's a good thing I have something so important to keep me motivated through all this.  My mission papers will be done before Christmas break is over, and not long after that I'll get my call.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous as all get out, but I'm learning a little more every day that I can only do this by putting my life in the Lord's hands.  He called me to do this, and He knows I can do it.  And I know I won't be alone.

I wish that everyone in the world could feel that assurance.  I wish everyone on this earth could know how much they're loved by their Heavenly Father.  He is always there for every one of us.  For those who feel like they're beyond help, I wish I could make them know that it ISN"T TRUE.  I know He will never give up on His children.

Also, God works through people.  Not only can we all find help--we can all help others.  May you find someone to help this Christmas.

Remember that Jesus was born so that he could die for us.  Never give up on others, or yourself.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting those thoughts. I needed to hear them. I love ya Andie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom just read this and started crying. Haha.

    ReplyDelete

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.