Tuesday, November 16, 2010

LOOK OUT HONEY, THERE'S A COLLEGE STUDENT IN THE ROAD!!!

So in psychology in the media today we finished watching Equilibrium and turned in our hurriedly scribbled lists of social commentary that we saw in it.

Anyway...

I'm about to venture into uncharted lands and possibly eel-infested waters somewhere in the near future---I'm thinking about changing my major.  Sadly, it's one of my deepest, darkest fears that whatever choices I make right now won't get me where I want to go in life.  Wherever that is.  Whenever I let myself think about it, I get this horrifying deer-in-the-headlights feeling and my mind screams "MAYDAY!!!" for a minute or two.

Changing my major.  To creative writing.  I looked it up and some catalog or article or something like that had an "Are you willing to..." list.  And my answer to everything was "psh yeah, I do that already!"  How often does that happen?  But what happens if I'm just taking the easy way out by giving up on psychology (except I'll probably keep it as a minor, considering how much work I've put into it so far)?  How is someone at my age supposed to know how to set things up for the rest of my life?

I guess I'll just have to do the same thing everyone else in this situation does---run wildly toward the future waving my arms around in an intimidating fashion and yelling at the top of my lungs.  I must admit that the mental image that sentence calls up does make me smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.