Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kolob Canyon Review

This morning found me walking down the sidewalk, headphones in ears, grinning like a fool.  Why, you may ask?

Because Faster by Matt Nathanson was playing on my mp3 player.

Anyway...



The university's literary journal is calling for entries right now, and I've already submitted what I hope is my best work.  I'm most likely not going to be of any use to anyone until I find out whether I made it.  I made a goal back in August to get published before the end of the semester.  Wouldn't that be cool?  I've done some research, and it seems like your chances of getting an editing job at a publishing company go up once you've been published.  But at the same time, your chances of getting published go up once you get an editing job and become familiar with the editing process.  It just turns into a whole chicken vs. egg conundrum that I'd rather not think too much about.  I figure if I keep going for both, one will eventually happen first.

I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to make it through this week.  I have to finish the Odyssey by tomorrow (I'm on book 4 out of 24) and then I have three papers to write by Friday.  The good part is that this weekend is going to be sweet.

I'd like to leave you with some profound thought, but all I can think of is one of my favorite Star Wars quotes (that also serves as my email signature):

"Do or do not, there is no try."  --Yoda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.