Tuesday, August 23, 2011

El Colegio

School started yesterday.  My first day consisted of back-to-back literature classes, a lovely introduction to Spanish (even though I took it in junior high), and woodwind ensemble.  I'm unbelievably excited for literature--see?  I highly doubt you believe that--even though I can't even begin to imagine how hard it's going to be.  A foreign language is required for my degree, so it doesn't really matter how I feel about that (or about the fact that this otherwise wonderful university DOESN'T OFFER ITALIAN).  Woodwind ensemble is a desperate attempt to hang on to my flute skills and hopefully be accepted into a group of high-class musicians even though I'm not a music major.



Today I have another lit class and more Spanish.

Another oh-so-fun aspect of starting another year of school is job hunting.  I've now put together what I hope is a thoroughly gripping resume, two cover letters, and lots of applications.  Honestly, my biggest motivation for getting a job is that I need a laptop and I can't afford one right now.  But hey, whatever works, right?

No, I don't have anything better to do than talk about my schedule.  My apartment doesn't have cable or a DVD player.  So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.