Tuesday, April 12, 2011

KAGJ FM

It's time to talk about the wonderful place that is...The Kage--"pretty much the most prestigious institution at SC".  This little studio is the cure for all your troubles and worries.  I personally think it's the coolest room in all of campus.


My favorite part is the soundboard that's covered in buttons...



A computer, a mic, a soundboard, a digicart, a tape recorder, a cd player, and a phone that only takes incoming calls--is there anything else you could ever need?  And a mascot doesn't hurt.



It doesn't show on the picture, but the tiger has "89.5" written on its tummy.

There's nothing better for a long, grueling weekend than to come in here and spend two hours by myself, playing music and talking nonsense.  Everything I do is broadcasted across the whole city, and it's a power and a responsibility that I don't take lightly.  Okay, maybe a little....

For two hours, I am in control.  I rule the air.  Especially since this is one of the very few stations down here, so people don't really have a choice.  If you're a music lover and you want to experience true happiness, become a DJ.  I'm pretty sure it's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.