Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Looking on the bright side...

Have you ever had one of those days when you bundle up in preparation for freakishly cold weather, pack your backpack for a day full of toil and drudgery, shuffle reluctantly out the door, stick your headphones in your ears and your hands emphatically in your pockets, glance up at a brilliant sunrise...and keep staring as a ridiculously enthusiastic grin slowly spreads across your face...and you realize that, somehow, something amazing is going to happen today?

We all have trials, whether great or small.  At times, it can seem like the whole world is leaning menacingly over you, ready to crush you with a giant anvil if you make a sudden move.  It can feel like everyone around you is trying to beat you down and make sure you'll never get back to your feet.

At times like that, I find that the best cure for my paranoia and general crabbiness is to take a deep breath and look at the beauty all around me.  God spared no effort in creating this earth, and it shows if you just take the time to see.  There's no better way for me to feel better about life than to remind myself of Him and to remember that I'm never alone.

I'm so grateful for all the blessings in my life.  That's what keeps me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.