Sunday, October 12, 2014

Scattering Sunshine

Today I just want to talk about how blessed I am. It's not something I ever talk about enough, but today is a great day and this is the stuff that's on my mind right now.
I served a mission, and the blessings from my service keep coming all the time. Every time I go on Facebook, my news feed is full of things from people that I miss. I loved the people in my mission so much! It makes me feel so happy when they continue to support and love me even though I'm so far away from them.
At my job over the summer, I relearned a lesson that I would have thought I'd already figured out--how to understand and love people who are different from me. In the beginning I never thought that they would accept and/or care about me (or vice versa, to be honest), but now I think about them all the time and I really do miss them.
(Sidenote: I've felt really sorry for myself at times because of how much it hurts to miss people, and it seems silly to me now that I realize that it's the most amazing blessing to be able to love so many people at once.)
Now I'm at school. I didn't think I'd be able to come back here for a long time, but because of my amazing grandma, I have the opportunity to continue my education way sooner than I expected. And now that I'm here, I'm learning so much and understanding so many things that I never thought about before. The work is hard and my beliefs are often challenged, but I can feel that I'm stronger and more prepared to deal with these trials than I ever was before.
There are so many other tender mercies that have come up lately in the most unexpected ways, and I could go on about them for a long time. Lots of them are things that I didn't even need in order to keep going--they're just random extra things that Heavenly Father has sent my way just to make me happy.
Life isn't always like this. Often it's hard to see God's involvement in our everyday situations. There are days when I feel lost and I wonder whether it's really true that God is aware of me. But even though the world seems dark and unforgiving at times, I have a testimony that He really is here with us. I have prayed so much to feel His love and for my faith to be strengthened, and He always hears me.
Everyone enjoy your Fast Sunday and think about something the Lord has done for you lately. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.