Sunday, July 27, 2014

Weakness vs. Rebellion

"The Lord sees weaknesses differently than He does rebellion. Whereas the Lord warns that unrepented rebellion will bring punishment, when the Lord speaks of weaknesses, it is always with mercy."


Elder Richard G. Scott, "Personal Strength through the Atonement of Jesus Christ" Oct. 2013 General Conference

This quote has always meant a lot to me. It brings me so much peace to understand that the Lord is patient with me and my weaknesses. As long as we keep trying to follow Him, He will give us everything we need to succeed.

This is the kind of assurance that I need in order to keep trying even when I fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.