Tuesday, March 6, 2012

La Primavera

That's the Spanish word for spring.  It's beautiful, isn't it?



I've walked to and from every class yesterday and today with a terribly goofy smile on my face.  Spring break doesn't start until the end of the week, but nice weather seems to have jumped the gun and graced us with an extra week of sun and grass.  I'm already contemplating homework sessions out on a park bench somewhere on campus.

Oh--want to know how I'm going to spend my spring break?!?!?!

Reading Emma by Jane Austen and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.  The first one is because I love Jane Austen, and the second one is because I've been curious about it since the first time I ever heard about it...which I think was sometime in high school.  Yeah, it's been a long time coming.

Also, both of them are on my reading list for Intermediate Fiction.  I'd far rather suck up to the professor this way than by actually doing what he says.  In class today, I suddenly realized that the majority of the students have finished deciding how to deal with our professor and are now agreeing with everything he says.  It wouldn't be a problem (and I would probably join in) if I ever agreed with anything he says.  But that's neither here nor there.

In other news, I sent my mission papers to Salt Lake on Saturday!  Everyone I know has been guessing where I'll go:

Ariel: Idaho or Florida
Liz: Italy
Candace: Montreal
Michelle and Jon: Ohio
Kelsey: Maine or Bolivia
Chel: England or Alaska
Lindsey: Denmark or Massachusetts
Mom: Madrid
Dad: Tonga
Nathan: Finland or Denmark
Jackson: Macedonia
Rachel: Kenya or Mongolia
Garrett: Jamaica

There were more guesses, but I can't seem to find them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.