Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Influences

Someday I'll be a world-renowned poet and crowds of creative minds will (literally or figuratively) come to my door and ask me to please tell them what influences and inspires me.  Since it's a very long list, I thought I might as well get started on it now.



all hours of the night
answered prayers
anything that makes me cry
autumn leaves
bad days
blankets and/or towels that can easily be converted into capes
boardwalks
The Book Thief by Markus Zusack
Breanne Duren
cemeteries
clock towers
my collection of movie/concert tickets
cotton candy
crickets
Dashboard Confessional's extensive collection of sad summer songs
deeper meanings
Doctrine and Covenants 50:45-46
Dr. Pepper
dreams
fire
fireworks
my flute
the future
good days
He Is We
hope
hummingbirds
indie rock
jewelry
large cardboard boxes
lava lamps
Lightning by Eric Church
lockets
the Lord's work
love
Love Story by Taylor Swift
mint fields
miracles
the moon
mountains
oceans
Owl City music and blog posts
the past
playing the piano
Quiet Company
rain
the redwoods
relationships
running barefoot
sappy romances
scarves
seagulls
seashells
sledding
sparrows that habitually convene on my windowsill
spring fever
sprinklers
street signs
sunsets
thoughts that chase sleep away
wind

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can only take the sound of my own voice for so long--shake things up and add a little something of your own to this wonderful corner of cyberspace! Comments/wisdom of others is greatly appreciated.